Monday, July 26, 2010

All-Blue Jays Team

I got bored and thought I should come up with a team of the All Blue Jays team...

1st Team
LF - George Bell (Always a threat with the bat, another player that I never got to watch)
CF - Lloyd Moseby (Again, never got to watch but was an integral part of the 80s team)
RF - Joe Carter (He played outfield before moving to 1B and who can forget his dramatic HR in 1993?)

1B - Carlos Delgado (I think this is a bias pick but I love Delgado, he brought out the bat and it has travelled to 500 level a few times and he's the all-time HR leader)
2B - Roberto Alomar (the soon to be Hall of Famer, you can't argue the way he played second base and hit the ball from both sides of the plate
SS - Tony Fernandez (kept coming back to the Blue Jays but he was great at his position
3B - Kelly Gruber (It was a triple play... the ump messed up)

DH - Paul Molitor (Hall of Famer, clutch hitter)
C - Pat Borders (World Series MVP in 1992 was critical in handling the 1992 staff that had David Cone, Juan Guzman, Jack Morris and Jimmy Key)

P - Roy Halladay (Cy Young, Perfect Game, best Blue Jays pitcher EVER)
RP - Jimmy Key (He was mostly a starter but was moved to the bullpen during the world series and did he dominate)
CP - Tom Henke (You know he'll close it for you)


2nd Team

LF - Rickey Henderson (even though he played just ONE season with the Jays in 1993, he was always a base stealing threat and now he's a Hall of Famer)
CF - Vernon Wells (I dont know if he should be on the list but his stats are up there on the all-time list)
RF - Jesse Barfield (one of those players I never got to watch but deserves a spot)

1B - John Oleurd (the smooth swinging 1st basement, won the batting title in 1993 with a .363 avg, I just like Delgado a bit more)
2B - Orlando Hudson (Got to love this guy, he makes things so easy)
SS - Alfredo Griffin (If it wasn't for Tony, I would have put him on the 1st team but both were great shortstop)
3B - Ed Sprague (Clutch hit in 1992 and was a decent 3B)

DH - Dave Winfield (It's a toss up between Winfield and Molitor on who's better but for Winfield, just remember 'Winfield wants noise')
C - Ernie Whitt (I've never watched any Jays games before 1992 but Ernie was an important part of the 80s)

P - Dave Stieb (Only Blue Jays pitcher to pitch a no-hitter)
RP - Mike Timlin (You know he can take over if your starting pitcher went down)
CP - Duane Ward (as good as Henke)

People I left off the list because I had no where to put them, I think a 3rd team could be put together with some names I left off
Devon White, Fred McGriff, Willie Upshaw, Todd Stottlemyer, Juan Guzman, Shawn Green

No comments:

Post a Comment