Thursday, August 23, 2012

Another day at the ball park!

I must say, it is really sad and disappointing that the Toronto Blue Jays are just spiraling and just can't win now. The team is now made up of mostly Triple-A players. They might as well go ahead and temporary rename the Toronto Blue Jays to the Toronto Las Vegas 51s.

The game wasn't fun for the Jays fan. But when you have a team that lost 3 starting picture, your All-Star Home Run champ and a energy spark plug, it is really hard to still compete.

But that's not the point of this blog.

The Blue Jays had a bobblehead doll promotions. I had 2 and of course must complete set. I had a spare ticket and offered it to a twitter friend from Australia. It was actually her second game but who doesn't love getting swag? I asked if she wanted to go to the bobblehead game and she said "what the heck is a bobblehead game?" I should have said "do you want to go to a game where they give out bobblehead."

Yes, I love swags... I am a sucker for freebies...

What's not to love?

You may remember this post from last year...

If not... you just need to see this picture

So, this year's bobblehead promotions were:
Brandon Morrow, Yunel Escobar and Ricky Romero.


First nicely inside their boxes...


Now out of the box


And of course, the back view.

They really made fun of Ricky and his flat brim hat and even Little Ricky Ro had the flat cap and his squinty eyes!

Now I wait for next year's promotion!

UPDATE: I was also reminded of the foul ball we got during the game. It is the first time that I got a foul ball after going to so many games!

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget the OTHER freebie you got that game? The foul ball, perhaps? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes... the official MLB baseball that I waited for YEARS to catch!

      Delete