Friday, August 30, 2013

Fan Expo 2013

Well, another Fan Expo has come and gone. Seriously, I was not planning to go this year. I thought hard about it. I considered going for just one day on Saturday for Gina Torres (loved her in Hercules and Xena. Yes, those shows and not Firefly), Karl Urban (Hail Caesar!) and Dean Cain (Superman!!).

Then...

Someone, with a week to go, decided to put a Q&A panel for... Lost Girl (what? again?), The Listener (WHAT??) and Covert Affairs (WHAT?!) - 3 shows that I have been watching only a weekly basis. I would have died if they had tossed in Once Upon A Time and Rizzoli & Isles!

Speaking of Rizzoli & Isles, I am so sad to hear about the passing of Lee Thompson Young. From what I read, he seemed to be genuine, loveable guy. And to hear that he was in a deep depression and took his own life is very tragic and shocking. Please, if you have any friends that are feeling depressed, talk to them or get them help. If you have no one to talk to, please go to Canada Suicide & Crisis Hotlines. You will be missed Lee.

Back to Fan Expo...

Skip ahead to

Lego
Lost Girl
The Listener
Covert Affairs

Once I saw the announcement for the 3 shows... and spread out over 2 days, I had to buy the tickets but which one to buy. I could get just Saturday and Sunday. Or I could get Deluxe for the weekend. Or I could get the Premium. Decisions, decisions, decisions. I ended up getting the Premium pass with a tshirt, reusable bag and a comic. Also, the premium pass allows me to use priority entrance and enter other Hobby Star events up to July 2014.

Interestingly, I could have attended Thursday but forgot my pass at home. So, I did not go after work. However, I did bring it with me on Friday, so I went after work and spend 2 hours and mostly looking for swags. And swag I did! I grabbed a bunch of posters over the weekend. It included Walking Dead, Call of Duty, God of War and some others then will likely be recycled... but the one that I got and wish I grabbed a few more of is this:

The unfortunately part is, after Friday, they did not have any of it left. Nor did they have Lost Girl or Covert Affairs poster available! Darn it.

Every year at the Fan Expo it's about the costumes but I guess I didn't care this time. It seems always be the similar things, the super hero, the cartoon anime and this year, there were a lot of Assassins... as in Assassin's Creed game series. I did see a Bomberman... and Chewy!

And Fan Expo wouldn't be the same without Legos... GIANT Lego pieces...

And now... Lost Girl

I get a feeling that Lost Girl will be returning 2014... because when I got there, there was already a line up. The Q&A did not start til 12 noon and luckily my friends were already waiting in line... at 10am... No joke.

I will just save typing and just give you the Q&A thanks to @Faenonymous However, I will share some photos cause they're fun. But the highlights of the Q&A?

- KC getting picked on... again
- Kris showing us how Rachel threw the boomerang
- Rachel coming back at Kris for "I am an animal" with kids around
- calling Zoie Palmer
- George Takei!

After that was autographs... they did a lottery system this year which kinda sucks... I did get something signed by Rachel :)

In the afternoon, it was off to The Listener but it's autograph first!

Rainbow is such a funny guy. He got out of his seat and decided to stand in the line pretending to be a fan and then yelled "Hurry up! I want my autograph!"

s There were highlights from the Q&A. The best part is the story twist to have Michelle get pregnant and the baby looking like Dev...

Unfortunately, it does not looks like anyone has a video of the Q&A... maybe picture helps?

After the Q&A, the cast did a bit more signing... I walked pass Lauren Lee Smith and said Hi again! She is so awesome!

So that ended my Saturday. I went out to dinner with fellow fae friends. It's always nice to see them again. You meet so many people and you build friendships with them. I now have friends in Boston, Montreal, and France. There was this one fan who came from Italy just for the Lost Girl. Yes, we definitely need to get a Lost Girl only con going! Go! Follow! Like!

For Sunday, it was Covert Affairs. It was really the only thing left to do. I recorded the Q&A... I should really invest in a tripod... I held my little camera for the whole 36min Q&A and yes, my arms were tired but it seemed they got more of a work out then anything...

Unfortunately, I was not able to get an autograph (lottery again)... I am not going to even get into it...

How about we end this post with some more pictures?

Does anyone need to make a phone call??
And "Standee Anonymous" or the Gathering of the Standees...

Well, 2014 will be 20th anniversary of the Fan Expo... I'm sure they're going to expand again... and possibly toss in Lost Girl (again)... and if that's the case, you can be sure I will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment