Monday, March 22, 2010

Are you a RPG, FPS or RTS person?

Each genre of game provide an interesting add to life.

I think life itself is an RPG. You work to gain experience (like leveling up) to become better (stronger). The only except is you do not run around with swords and/or magic staff to kill people. It would be awesome to have the ability to turn your boss into a sheep or a toad.

I play a lot of FPS. My favourite aspect of FPS is weapons that don't exist. I'm not much of a fan of war FPS like Call of Duty as I play the game to get away from reality and hence why I find it more fun to play Quake Live. Now, I wouldn't want to live a life where I am trying to survive but wouldn't it be cool to have a lightning gun? Alternatively, some of these games' physic engine are build so that the more hop and jump you do, the more speed you game. Do triple-jump athlete game speed while running and jump?

So, back to weapons... another favourite game of mine is Ratche & Clank series on Playstation 2 & 3. I really don't need to explain, just watch the following commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgwNyb80L0s

No comments:

Post a Comment