Monday, January 24, 2011

Lost Girl

It's Monday morning and even being a little late for work because I couldn't sleep then woek up at 6:18am (yes, 6:18am) because of a dripping window THEN oversleep on the alarms, I'm feeling perky.

Of course, the snow right now IS helping with Monday Blues. Yes, I am one of those people that actually gets giddy for snow. However, why people can't drive properly in the snow is a TOTALLY different story.

After graduating from university, which is a while ago now, I kinda stopped following shows. One, there weren't anything of interest. Two, the stations keep changing date and time of the show that I can never remember when it is on. Three, while I would watch it online, sometimes I just forget about the show.

Right now, there are a few shows that I can say I watch "religiously."
1) Smallville (oh, Erica Durance... You have played Lois Lane with the type of spunk like Teri Hatcher)
2) Bones (oh, Emily Deschanel... such an awesome dry humour on Temperance Brennan)
3) Merlin (yea... but they keep changing air time...)

Now, I found 2 more shows to fall in love with...

Cover Affairs that stars Piper Perabo, who has this awesome cuteness. The show is from the creators of Bourne Trilogy but I never watched the show. Perabo is an awesome actress. She played an excellent Paulie in Lost and Delirious - such psychotic emotions. And in a completely turn around, she plays a recently married yet innocent, Rachel, in Imagin Me & You. So, when I saw the teasers on Showcase. I just had to watch! So far, I like it... I'm not really into these cop/undercover show but how can you not love a girl who (in last night's episode) drove a Ferrari... But I find the funniest thing is the show is filmed in Toronto (you can see a TTC bus and Union Station in some shot) but it's about CIA...

But the other show that I'm going completely "ga-ga" over is Lost Girl. Now, I am definitely not into the whole blood sucking vampire shows but this one, I can't help it (but the show is NOT about vampires). The story is about this girl/woman, Bo, who doesn't know who she is, other then the fact that her sexual desires kill people. But after saving a street kid, Kenzi, in distress, they become best friends. They soon realize there's a whole world of the Fae who lives among human and feeds on them. So, why am I going ga-ga over it...

1) Anna Silk as Bo
2) Zoie Palmer as Lauren
3) KC Collins as Hale
4) Rick Howland as Tricks
5) twists and turns
6) awesome story

Anna Silk... what a beautiful woman... you may remember her from this:


Actually, the show reminds me A LOT of Xena: Warrior Princess. Bo's relationship with Kenzi is very similar to Xena and Gabrielle... Kenzi is the loyal friend who's always got Bo's back. The other awesomeness is the show is CANADIAN. Yes, awesome Canadian show doesn't really fit but this show does. I think it's filmed in Hamilton as there was a shot of CN Tower from Hamilton region. Did I mention a "love" triangle, too? Bo's relationship with the human doctor Lauren, who serves the Dark Fae... then there's Bo's relationship to Dyson who serves the Light Fae and can transforms into a wolf (who I think it's a dick too).

The show can be watched online http://lostgirlseries.com/ and season 1 is complete... they sorta left us with a slight cliffhanger and while season 2 has been picked up... WWWHHEEENNN is the question?

Oh, Anna Silk... you should see this:



Teaser videos:


Go Team Lauren!

1 comment:

  1. I must like this tv show also this is related tocomedy drama this one of my favourite tv show....
    Watch Lost Girl Online
    Watch Ncis Los Angeles Online

    ReplyDelete