Thursday, July 7, 2011

Super Channel is Canadian awesomeness!

Ok, maybe not awesome but they have some great selections.

Go to Super Channel website and see their selections. They have literally 6 channels on my Rogers cable, 2 of which is broadcast in HD. And, my favourite? The Super Channel On Demand!!! (channel 338 on Rogers)!!! Unfortunately, I didn't know about it and it was one of those "If I don't see it, it doesn't exist." Last year, I was channel surfing the TV guide and I noticed a show that I had only seen clips on youtube. And interesting Australia show called, The Secret Life of Us. I think it's more a teen drama but my Aussie friend showed me some clips and was drawn in by 2 character... Chloe and Miranda. If you've seen the show, you know what I'm talking about. However, I can never remember when they actually air and it was not available on demand.

So, a few weeks ago, for some unknown reason, I decided to go to the on demand channel... Interestingly, there were a few movies I wanted to watch. I've watched 3 movies already and there are a few more movies that I want to watch...

Freakonomics - interesting documentry, I recommend watching it
Date Night - Oh, Tina Fey! Need I say more? It could have been funnier but it was still hilarious
Vampires Suck - the Twilight spoof movie and really, it sucks. It was funny (Thank you, Diedrich Bader!) but watch it once and that is it.

Then I went to their website to see what's available and to my surprise... The Warlords and it was showing at... 3am. Who's gonna wake up at 3 in the morning to watch a movie?!?! Suddenly, it was available on demand this week! I was estatic! I wanted to watch this movie for awhile and now it's on demand but sadly, no HD. So, I tweeted to @SuperChannel... maybe they'll put it on HD soon. It would be nice to see true HD and not fake HD (which is SD and zoomed into fit my 52" wide screen... lol). I just hope the movie will be in Mandarin and not English dubbed. I find it annoying to watch movie where they dub over because the emotion is lost when it's dubbed. Trust me, just throw in Jackie Chan's Drunken Master... it looks ridiculous.

Here's the trailer for The Warlords


Then there's Tooth Fairy with The Rock... It's likely a cheesey movie but you can't say no to The Rock. There's also Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief...

Last night, while looking through what was available on demand, I stumbled onto Onion News Network". I remember there were controversies because the satire was so real, people though the news were real. I thought I would give the 1st episode a try. The only thing that I can think of is, "This is taking satire to the next level and making Fox News looks like a kid show." (Though I've never seen Fox News in Canada but heard it's terrible)

They have A LOT of movies... just not available on demand 9 (yet)...

And boy, did I just find another to watch (though I've seen it)

Bitch Slap - How do I summerize in as little words as possible? A bad movie that knows it's bad and don't hide it. Besides, you have Lucy Lawless, Renee O'Connor, Kevin Sorbo and Michael Hurst making a cameo... If the names look familiar, it should. It's Hercules and Xena stars!

I Love You Phillip Morris - another one I wanted to watch.

Here's something interesting... Kill Buljo: The Movie - Norwegian Parody of Kill Bill... how can you say no?

lol The Missing Lynx and available on demand! Sweeeet!!!

I can't help but laugh at this one... Zombie Strippers

It looks like I'll have things to look forward to on Super Channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment