Sunday, April 8, 2012

Is Bo (Lost Girl) a descendant of Xena: Warrior Princess?

I started watching the show because the darn commercial teaser of Anna Silk as Bo holding a cool weapon caught my eyes...



Now that season 2 has completed... I am more and more convinced that Bo is probably a descendant of Xena.

Shall we begin?

1. Long black hair

vs


CHECKED.

2. Loyal Side-kick/Best Friend


vs


CHECKED.

3. Awesome Fighting Skills - has an arsenal of weapons at her disposal


Her trusty chakram and that's just one of her many skills... don't forget her sword, whip, staff, bow and arrow, and whatever she can grab to use as weapons (including fish and frying pan).
vs

And that's only a SELECTED few... she has a katana hidden in her room somewhere...

CHECKED.

4. One bad boy who just never let go...


The God of War... he'll do whatever it takes to have Xena by his side again.

vs

Ryan Lambert, the Dark Fae... almost got Bo to marry him... also known as Loki, the trickster god.

CHECKED.

5. A Dark Past


The Evil Xena, also known as the Destroyer of Nation. Now she fights for good and tries to atone for her past.

vs

I know she's not evil but she has the potential to turn into Super Succubus (and be evil). But she's fighting the urge to fight for what is right.

Need I say more?

What do you think?

11 comments:

  1. of course she is !!! have'nt had so much fun watching lost girl, since the days of Xena...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree Lost girl is like a modern day remake of xena watching it from the first episode i had this theory i googled it to see if anyone else had realized and your page came up glad to see i'm not the only xena fan still out there, as much as i lve lost girl and bo and Kenzie Xena and Gabrielle will always be the true team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. word to Niamh!!!! still a xena fan!!!!

      LG feeds the lost xenites for now

      Delete
  3. I also thought of the similarity when I was watching Lost Girl. I think its Xena and X-Files meshed into one great, sexy show lol Xena's and Scully's love child lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg. every episode has a freaking xena resemblance that I can't get enough of this show!!!! I mean your right I've never had so much fun since the good ole xena days!!!!!

    kenzi it's like a sassier version on gabby, and if go on but I may spoil a few spoilers for those just starting up on the LG faetion.

    but. THANK YOU!! so defiantly xenaverse right there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LG must be written by Xena fans. There are too many homages for it to be accidental. Fighting over a frying pan. Kenzi falling for a boy of the week who is doomed to die (Tallus in Xena, Shawn Cavanaugh in LG episode 9, season 1), etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kind of agree.... After Xena I never thought that any other serie would catch my attention but then lost girl came out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Follow me on Twitter @talismanquevedo follow me on facebook talisman quevedo

      Delete
  7. If you guys like this.... take a look at Jane Rizzoli and Xena comparison ;)

    http://crazyjo82.blogspot.ca/2012/06/if-bo-is-descendant-of-xena-then-jane.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. xena hands down. The writing was better and so was the character. There was more depth and more flaws. Last season of Lost Girl really sucked. I've given up on that show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. Xena and Gabrielle had a relationship that just got deeper and deeper. This isn't about a deep and abiding relationship between 2 women that transcends death. I kept being told to watch this since I miss Xena so much. I don't see the comparison. Where is that relationship that Xena and Gabby shared? Not here. That's for sure. Xena is a far better show.

      Delete