Tuesday, October 4, 2011

JP Arencibia Autograph Rookie Card

So, last week on twitter, Toronto Blue Jays' rookie catcher JP Arencibia tweeted a contest that Topps, the trading card company, was giving away an autograph rookie card signed by JP himself.

I saw that on my blackberry and though "hey, why not?" and followed Topps... 2 days later, I received a mention from Topps that said I won...

My first thought was, "seriously? I won? Really? Of the 7000+ followers that Topps have, I won?" then I just laughed and replied "Omg... I just won a @jparencibia9 autograph card!! Thank you @toppscards how do I get it now?? Lol"

Well, no joke. I send them my address and today... I saw a package on my door step.


Yes, it was a bit dirty. But that's ok, it's what inside that counts...


Package within a package? UPS? How dare they just leave it at the door step... what if someone just took it?? Topps didn't use the signature required option which would cost an extra $5? But I got it, that's all that matters...


Woah! Talk about a package within a package within a package! Now THAT'S security!


We're finally here!! One autographed JP Arencibia rookie card!

What's really nice about this is that the picture on the card was his first game and his curtain call!

This was his line for the game:

4-5 (2HR, 2B, 1B, 3RBI)

Now, I have a piece of JP... at least, his autograph.

1 comment:

  1. I remember watching that game, where he hit that home run on his first pitch. He's still got a great future ahead of him.

    ReplyDelete