Monday, October 31, 2011

Some games are just lame to the max!

Last week, I was at a store and picked up a ps3 games for $15 then I saw "Invizimals" and went to check the price - $19.99 - not bad.

What I was really interested in was the camera. Since the PSP now support Skype, I wanted the camera for skype but did not want to buy it off ebay. I did ask someone to pick up the psp-300 in Hong Kong but they forgot. No problem. The reason for getting the psp-300 was because my psp was running 5.03 Prometheus 3 custome firmware (CFW) and the new psp-450x required official firmware (ofw) 6.00 and above. I was hesitant with upgrade to newer ofw since at that time (5 months ago), there weren't much support for cfw on the new ofw.

Now months later... psp ofw is 6.60... prometheus 3 obsolete... the need to use the camera... must update! I contemplated in updating to 6.60 but decided to use 6.20 instead.

Now, the price of the original Invizimals game with camera was $39.99 and the camera that comes with it is psp-450x model and it looks sleeker (even though it has lower grade pixel). I didn't care for the game so I kept putting off buying it. Now that it's $19.99... I can buy it and sell the game.

Today (about 3 hours ago), I finally got around to updating my psp and now I am running on 6.20 PRO B10 (just released this past week) and it was a simple update. You don't have to deal with any HEN!

Now with updated cfw, I tested out the camera et voila! Works! And then I thought, "why not give this invizimal a try... can't be that bad."

Oops...

First, I get the point of the game of "capturing" these invisible animals... and the concept is pretty neat. However, it must be my age and the type of game that I play, Invizimals seems to be geared towards the much younger crowd - say, children at like 5-10 years old? The kind of age that thinks everything "is so COOL!" The age where Pokemon is awesome... And this game is like Pokemon on steroids... and I never liked Pokemon to begin with.



I really tried... I spend like 30min playing it, "capturing" these invizimals. But there was a level of lame that screamed "stupid game." You know, I get it... children will like it. They have a "whole world" to discover. But I thought the video tutorials were a bit lame. You can actually tell they are acting for the 5-10 years old.

"There is this world of invisible animals we can capture."
"Oh, you found the Porcupain! He is very shy so you can't let him see you."

Hence why this is a CHILDREN'S game... Still, the lameless of the acting is just a facepalm for me.

If you have kids that is like 5-10, the game is perfect... any children older then 12 will see it as stupid.

Maybe I'm just too old for these kinds of games...

But then, people must love this game... there's a sequel...

No comments:

Post a Comment